Terms and Conditions
This website, including any subsite accessible through the site (referred to collectively as ‘the Site’), is published and maintained by Leaf Italia SRL (“Leaf”), owners of Chewits®. When you access, browse or use the Site you accept, without limitation or qualification, the terms and conditions set out below and any additional terms and conditions of use set out in any subsite. We reserve the right to change our terms and conditions at any time and revised terms will be published as soon as possible on “the Site”!
Copyright or similar rights in all design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, and all other material on the Site is owned by Leaf. Copyright of Chewits® and Chewie the Chewitsaurus® are owned by Leaf. All rights reserved. No use of any copyright material, in whole or in part, is lawful without the prior written consent of the owner.
Chewits® and Chewie the Chewitsaurus are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Leaf, and other names, products and logos referenced on the Site are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Leaf. No use of any trade mark material, in whole or in part, is lawful without the prior written consent of the owner.
The Site is provided on an ‘as is’ basis. To the fullest extent possible by law, Leaf hereby excludes any condition, warranty, express or implied, as to the quality, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, performance or fitness for a particular purpose of the Site or any of its contents. Except as specifically stated on the Site, and except in relation to death or personal injury arising from negligence, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Leaf will not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or incidental damage or loss of any kind (including, without limitation, loss of profits or anticipated saving, business interruption, loss of or corruption to business information or data, damage to business equipment or assets or economic loss of any other form), however caused, arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use the Site, or any of the contents of the Site or for any claim made by a third party.
Leaf makes no warranty or condition that either the contents of the Site or the server that makes the Site available are free from infection by viruses or anything else which has contaminating or destructive properties.
The Site may contain links to other internet sites on the World Wide Web. Leaf provide such links for your convenience only, and are not responsible for the content of any site linked to or from the Site. Links from the Site to any other site do not mean that Leaf approves of, endorses or recommends that site. Leaf disclaims all conditions, warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, legality, reliability or validity of the contents of any other site. Visitors to such other sites are subject to the terms and conditions of such sites, if any, and visitors should take care to note their contents.
Use of External Content
Leaf may embed news, information, social media feeds, videos, music and other rich media into the Chewits website. This content is sometimes provided by 3rd parties and is for entertainment purposes only. Whilst every effort is made to moderate feeds, Leaf is not responsible for external content. Third-party embedded content is carefully chosen to be suitable to Chewits and complimentary to the current campaign.
Parents, please use best judgement when allowing under 16’s to view this website. The content is provided without charge as a convenience to visitors. This content is to be used for the purpose of personal entertainment, information, and communication.
The official Chewits Facebook page can be found at http://www.facebook.com/Chewits/. The content on this page is for entertainment only. The page is aimed at 13 year olds and older and you should not use Facebook if you are under the age of 13, as mentioned in the Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities: http://www.facebook.com/legal/terms
Chewits do not condone any submissions that are untrue, contain copyrighted content; condone or promote illegal activity; are derogatory to members of a particular race, nationality, sex, sexual orientation or religion or incite hatred of particular groups; are abusive, bullying or name calling of other people; are cruel to animals; that contain excessive use of vulgar language; that in any way expose information of a private nature; are spam; are pretending to be someone famous; compromise children’s safety; depict cigarettes, alcohol, drugs or nudity in the presence of children; display images of full nudity; are sexually explicit; depict violence, sadism or cruelty; include weapons or imitation weapons; condone illegal drug usage; represent any corporation negatively; include any personal or commercial solicitation or advertising; include broadcast material from TV or Radio; are political in any way; contain sensitive information about someone’s mental or physical health. Any content submitted like this will be deleted and removed from here and may be reported to the appropriate authorities. You must ensure that for all submissions you make of another person other than yourself, you have full consent from all parties. Anything posted and shared here becomes public information.
1. The Chewits Claw prize draw (“give-away”) is open from 8pm 9th July 2012 until 5pm 9th October 2012 (“give-away period”). The give away is operate dby Leaf Italia SRL (“Promoter”), owners of Chewits® brand sweets. The give-away is hosted via the Chewits Facebook Claw Application https://apps.facebook.com/chewitsclaw/ (“The Claw”).
2. The give-away is open to all UK residents (“Players”), with exception of employees and their immediate families of the Promoter or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
3. By entering the give-away, all Players agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and any Player who fails to abide by any of the Terms and Conditions, or fails to meet the entry criteria set out in paragraph 2 above, will be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
4. To enter the give-away, Players must score over 10,000 points in the Claw application. Only one entry per person permitted per quarter.
5. One winner will be drawn over the certified period and independently verified. The decision by the Promoter as to the determination of the Winner shall be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. All entries must be received by 5pm on 9th October 2012 (“Closing Date”). No entries will be accepted after the Closing Date. The Winner will receive an iPod Touch (“Prize”). No cash or other alternative prize is available, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar alternative of equal or greater value. Proof of age and postal address will be required before the Prize can be given. The Winner agrees to participate in such reasonable publicity as may be requested by the Promoter.
7. The name and country of the Winner will be announced on the Chewits Facebook Page within 7 days, for a minimum of 3 months after the Closing Date. The Winner will be notified within 7 days after the Closing date via email. In the event that a Winner cannot be contacted within two weeks of attempting to do so, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and award it to a reserve established at the same time as the original. The Winner agrees to the publication of their name and country.
8. By entering the prize draw all Players consent to the use of their personal details by the promoter for the purpose of the administration of the prize draw only and any other purpose to which the Player may consent on entry to such prize draw.
9. As far as permitted by law (but not including liability, personal injury or death arising from its negligence) the Promoter excludes all liability in connection with the prize draw or the Prize awarded or not awarded in connection with the prize draw.
11. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of England and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising.
Leaf has incorporated a Twitter feed into the Chewits website. This Twitter feed displays selected comments from selected Twitter users who make mention of Chewits. These selected tweets have been flagged as being ‘favourites’ by the website moderation team. We make every effort to ensure these posts adhere to our standards however; we do not endorse the contents of this feed.
Videos – Don’t bite off more than you can chew
Leaf occasionally post embedded content from 3rd party websites such as You Tube which reflect the campaign ‘Don’t bite off more than you can chew’. These video selections are made by content editors of the Chewits website. The content is selected to be entertaining, fun and light-hearted. Every effort is made to select suitable content which is appropriate to our audiences.
Where individuals under the age of 16 register on our website, we reserve the right to request parental/guardian consent for continued membership of our site.
While we reserve the right to remove any postings or any other information that we feel may be offensive or otherwise objectionable, we are not responsible for any material posted by any user or for any information whatsoever contained in any linked sites.
4. Data Protection, Security and Use of Personal Data
To the extent that any data supplied by you (by way of example, your name, Email address, gender or age) while using the Site are personal (as defined in any relevant data protection legislation), such personal data will only be used by Leaf in accordance with European and UK national data protection laws for the time being in force. Your personal data will not be used in any other way without your consent.
Security measures are in place to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of the information received from our online visitors, and to make such information as secure as possible against unauthorised access and use. Under the Data Protection Act 1998, Leaf follows strict security procedures in the processing, storage and disclosure of information which you have given to Leaf. Leaf’s security procedures mean that it may occasionally request proof of identity before it is able to disclose sensitive information to you. You have the right, on payment of a fee, to request copies of such data we hold on you and to request the correction of any incorrect data.
Use of Personal Data
Leaf will store any personal data provided by you for the following purposes: to send out updates relating to activities relating to Chewits (including but not limited to news, competitions, special offers and information); to identify users when they log in who have registered for any reason specified on the Site; and to gain a better understanding of the profile of users of the Site.
We may share your personal information with our Related Parties as required to perform functions on our behalf in connection with the Site (such as delivery of merchandise, administration of the website or promotions or other features on it, marketing, data analysis or customer services). To do so, it may be necessary for us to transmit your personal information to outside the European Economic Area (EEA), (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom) and you agree to this transfer. Further use or disclosure of the information by them for other purposes is not permitted
Leaf does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. Providing personal information is up to you, the Site visitor. If you do not want personal information collected, please do not submit it to us. You may withdraw your consent to receive updates at any time by using the notification methods explained to you at the time of giving your consent and which will be posted on the Site.
5. Governing Law and general provisions
The Site and these terms and conditions will be governed by English Law. The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes arising in relation thereto. If any part of these terms and conditions are found void and unenforceable, it will not affect the validity of the balance of these terms and conditions, which shall remain valid and enforceable so far as is possible given the remaining terms and conditions.
7. Acceptable Use Policy
To view and download our Acceptable Use Policy please follow the link here:
8. Our address
Leaf Italia SRL is a company registered in Italy under registration number CR 01350470199
Registered Office and Business Address:
Leaf Italia S.R.L.
Via Milano 16
P.Iva e C.F. 01350470199